Here is a great lunch salad that is packed with omega-3 fatty acids and cruciferous vegetables. Make up a batch and you will have lunch for a few days ready and waiting in your refrigerator. Don’t have any salmon? Try tuna or any kind of cooked fish leftover from supper.
Salmon Slaw with Parmesan-Herb Dressing
- 6 cups of shredded and chopped cabbage (I use half red cabbage and half green)
- 4 medium carrots, shredded
- 1 can (15 oz.) wild salmon (may substitute other kinds of fish either cooked fresh or canned)
- Parmesan Herb Dressing
Stir all ingredients together and refrigerate to blend flavors.
- ½ cup mayonnaise (here’s my recipe for homemade mayo)
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- ¾ teaspoon dried sage
- ¾ teaspoon dried thyme
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- ½ cup of shredded parmesan (not the fine, dry kind)
Mix ingredients together in order given. For best results make at least an hour ahead of time to let flavors blend.
I plan to try the dressing with fresh herbs this summer. I’ll update you then.